Friday, June 29, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!  Today is Michelle's birthday... she turns 40 something. *wink* To know her is to love her... I'll tell you that.  She is not only my employer, but a very very good friend.  I adore and treasure you my sweet friend!! Could not have gotten through the last year without you.

I've been in a real stamping slump... actually not stamping at all in over a year.  Michelle has been encouraging (really forcing me at work, but I am being nice and saying she encourages) me to stamp and create again.  I've had these ugly frames (the frame on the left is what it looked like before)  I picked up years ago... thinking I would do something with them some day.  We got some of the new Inka Gold paints in the store, and I posted a few video links and I was hooked!  This paint is SO super cool.  I am totally paint-tarded, but even I can use these!!

The heart in the frame is a chipboard heart.  I used an AccuCut die from the store.  I covered it with the Rose Inka Gold paint using my finger, then buffed it with a paper towel.  I stamped it with Timber Brown Stazon Ink with the script stamp from Our Craft Lounge's Love Notes set. I then stamped the large swirl from the set Vintage Swirls with Black Stazon ink. The key and key hole charm are TIM HOLTZ IDEA-OLOGY - LOCKET KEYS.  I added a little Old Silver Inka Gold paint to the charms too.  The tiles where some I had in my drawer that I dirtied up with the Inka Gold paints.  The paper in the background is some from an old Halloween line from Fancy Pants.  The flowers are from in the store that I sprayed with pink Glimmer Mist.

The frame was the easiest part!  Just dipped my finger into the Hematite Inka Gold and smeared it all over the frame.  Buffed it up with a paper towel, then added some Old Siver paint to small portions here and there.  Then I stamped the frame with the same stamp from Vintage Swirls with Black Stazon.  I later attached some black jewels from Bazzill with Glossy Accents to the frame to match the ones on the heart inside. Put it all back together, and covered the back with matching paper.  Hard to believe it was once so ugly.  I hope Michelle likes it.

Have a great day girls!  If you can, stop in and wish Michelle a Happy Birthday!!


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!