Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Welcome Sign




Saturday, I put together this “Welcome” banner for my oldest son and his new wife. I wanted to make sure he had a welcome sign in his house so he couldn’t say I couldn’t come and see him. LOL! Honestly, he is trying to get us to come and see him and his new home.


As you all know, I love my Accucut machine and its dies. I used the banner die to cut out the acrylic from Clear Scraps. I’ve wanted to use Little Yellow Bicycles Elizabeth Park’s line so I took this opportunity to use it. Gotta love my new daughter in law! I ended up using three sheets of Birds on a Vine. I actually had a lot of extra paper left over; however, I wanted the double line across the bottom of paper. I cut the Bazzill cardstock and chipboard using my Accucut and outlined the letters with Ranger’s Stickles. I put the letters aside so the stickles could dry on the letters then distressed the edges of the banner with a Brillance Dew Drop. I found some old rubs on in my collection of extra scraps and dressed them up with more Stickles. I then added the Prima Flowers and beautiful butterfly to the banner and topped it off with more rhinestone bling. I punched my holes in the banner and tied the teal ribbon on it.


I’m kinda new to this instruction thing so let me know where I need to make improvements.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving some love!